Howdy Hub Limited (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We collect, store and use information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”) and all other relevant legislation and regulations.
This policy sets out details of how we process data in relation to you.
Some of the data we process will be personal data, which relates to and identifies you.
Other data will be anonymous data.
Please read this policy carefully to understand how we process both sorts of data.
For the purposes of the DPA, we are the data controller of any personal data we process about you.
All changes to this policy will be posted here. You should visit this page regularly to stay up to date.
INFORMATION WE MAY HOLD ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process different kinds of information from or about you when registering
and using our website at www.howdyhub.com (our “site”) our mobile application (the “app”)
and any products or services that we provide in connection with our site or the app (all together, the “Services”), including (without limitation):
Things you do and information you provide.
The content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, message and communicate with others.
This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as your blurb.
Also information about how you use our Services,
such as the profiles you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
Your networks and connections.
Information about the people and events/hubs you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the people you connect with.
Also contact information if you invite other users (eg from an address book) from a device.
Information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our services,
depending on the permissions you’ve granted.
Here are examples of some of the device information we collect and process:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone,
mobile phone and IMEI numbers and IP address.
Information from third-party partners.
Information we receive about you and your activities on and off Howdy from third-party partners,
such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from
an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
Opting out of providing data
You can opt out of providing data to Howdy during the initial sign up process via a pop up or by changing your personal preferences from time to time.
You are not under any obligation to provide us with personal information but you acknowledge
and agree that refusal to provide this information might prevent you from using certain aspects of our site or app.
Changes to our data collection and processing policy will be reflected on www.howdyhub.com
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you to:
- Ensure the content of our site and app is presented in the best way for you and your computer or mobile device
- Respond to your requests for information and support on the use of our services
- Provide you with information about products or services that you request or which we consider may be of interest (subject to the following section of this policy)
- Perform our obligations under contracts between you and us
- Allow you to use the various features of our services
- Allow third parties to contact you about goods or services you might be interested in (subject to the following section of this policy)
- Improve the service to you to make recommendations
- Provide third parties to understand how to improve their service to you and improve their business
We will only send you marketing communications by electronic means (e-mail or text) if those communications relates to goods and services which
are similar to those that you have previously purchased or expressed an interest in or if you have consented to us contacting you in this way.
We will only permit third parties to send you marketing communications by electronic means if you have consented to this.
You have the right to ask us not to use your information for marketing purposes or passing it on to third parties for them to use for marketing purposes.
You can do this by ticking the relevant box on the form on which we collect your contact details or contacting us by email at email@example.com
We may aggregate information about you with information about other users of our site to create statistical data about users.
This is statistical data that does not identify you and we may distribute any such aggregate information to third parties we work with.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only share personal information that we hold about you to third parties:
- Who are companies within our group of companies
- With whom you ask us to share that information
- Who provide services to us in connection with our site or app
- To whom we sell or intend to sell any of our business or assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose the information to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request
- Where you have made that information public by posting or uploading it on or to the public areas of our site
Cookies are small files placed on your device when you visit our site.
Our site or app uses or might be using the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies which are cookies that are essential to allow you to use a website and its features
- Performance cookies which collect information about how visitors use a website to create aggregated, anonymous information that does not identify the visitor
- Functionality Cookies which allow the website to remember you and provide a more personalised service
- Targeting or advertising cookies which are used to deliver adverts relevant to you
Some of our cookies may remain on your device after your browsing session.
You can disable our cookies by changing the settings on your browser but doing so might mean you are unable to use certain features of our site or app.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
Data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in destinations outside
the European Economic Area and may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area.
By submitting your data you agree to this transfer, storage and processing.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to keep your data secure.
You should be aware that transmission of information via the internet
is not entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any data you transmit to our site via the internet.
You should take steps to keep your data secure protecting the password and other account credentials for your Howdy Hub Account
and any other account via which your access our site or our services.
Howdy Hub does not knowingly provide its services to anyone under the age of 14 or collect any personal information in relation to any such person.
By registering to use our services or downloading the App you warrant that you are aged 14 or over.
You must not use our site or the App to upload,
post or transmit any information that relates to and identifies any person under the age of 14.
If we become aware of any personal information in relation to a person under the age of 14 which has been uploaded,
posted or transmitted to, on or via our site or our app, we may delete any such information without liability to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information
to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site or app may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the app or our services are advertised).
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them
have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have a right under the DPA to access information we hold about you.
Your right can be accessed in accordance with the DPA and may be subject to you paying us a fee of £10 to meet our costs of complying with your request.
Questions or comments on this policy can be sent to us by email at email@example.com
Howdy Hub Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales, company number 09410382
Howdy Hub PTE Ltd is a registered company in Singapore, UEN 201613369K